Recipe Cattle Call Contest
This contest is sponsored by Maple Hill Creamery (hereinafter MHC), with headquarters at 5 Hudson Street, Kinderhook, NY 12106.
By submitting an entry, you (participant) agree to the conditions in this document and agree to be bound by the Official Rules. There is no purchase necessary to participate.
WHO CAN SUBMIT A RECIPE?
- Anyone who is 18 years of age or older at the time of submission and is a legal resident of the United States, residing in one of the 50 states or Washington DC.
- Employees, officers, directors, agents, representatives of MHC, members or their immediate families (parent, children, siblings, spouse, regardless of where they live) or persons living in the same household as the employees, officers, or directors, are not eligible to enter this competition.
- Professional Chefs are not eligible to enter this contest.
HOW DO I PARTICIPATE?
- Create an original recipe that uses Maple Hill Creamery dairy products.
- This contest is open to all recipes: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Desserts, Beverages, and Snacks all qualify.
- Take a photo of your completed dish.
- Post the photo to Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter using the hashtag “#RecipeCattleCall” and tag Maple Hill Creamery in your photo OR submit via Maple Hill Creamery’s WooBox page: http://woobox.com/rie3ky and provide a recipe name and caption of your choice.
- There is no limit to how many recipes you may post per entry period. We take all entries on a “rolling basis”, so that each recipe is considered every period, unless it has already been a winning recipe. Each recipe will be eligible to win for one year from the date of entry, unless it is selected as a winner before that time, in which case it will not be eligible to win again. Individuals can enter as many recipes as they like.
- Three (3) participants per quarter will be selected to advance to the second round. If your entry is selected, you will be contacted via the social media service you used to submit the entry photo or via the information provided to the woobox service and asked to provide the recipe.
- If you are a winner, you will be notified via the social media service you used to enter or via email. To receive physical prizes that may be awarded, you would need to provide a mailing address.
WHAT IS THE TIMEFRAME OF THIS CONTEST?
- This is a quarterly contest, with the start date of each quarter’s contest being March 1, June 1, September 1 and December 1.
- Three finalists are announced on February 1, May 1, August 1 and November 1 and the final winner notified by the 15th of these months. If the 15th of a given month falls on a weekend or a US Federal Holiday, the winner may be announced on the next business day.
- This contest shall continue until MHC terminates it. No notice shall be required before termination.
HOW IS MY ENTRY JUDGED?
- A panel of Judges will view each first round photo submission and evaluate as follows, awarding points for:
- Creativity of Concept and Originality (50%)
- Visual Appeal and Naming (50%)
- Three entries will advance from the first round, based on highest points scored. Those who advance will be asked to submit recipes to the judging panel. Those will be evaluated based upon:
- Creativity of Use of Ingredients and inclusion of MHC Dairy (50%)
- Taste of dish prepared (based on instruction submitted) (50%). We will prepare each recipe as written and taste.
WHAT CAN I WIN?
- The winning recipe will be photographed by our professional food photographer to be featured on Maple Hill Creamery’s website, social media, blog, and newsletter, with the option of a profile of the winner.
- The winner will also be mailed a congratulations package of Maple Hill Creamery 100% grass-fed products, valued from $20 – $80 USD, depending on what product the winner chooses.
SUBMISSIONS AND USE
- By submitting a posted recipe, photograph, image, video, or other content or material to Maple Hill Creamery via email or social media or otherwise, you hereby grant to MHC an irrevocable, nonexclusive, perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free right and license to use, display, publicly perform, modify, reproduce, publish, distribute, make derivative works of, sublicense, and otherwise commercially and non-commercially exploit your submitted Items and all copyright, trade secret, trademark, or other intellectual property rights therein, in any manner or medium now existing or hereafter developed (including but not limited to print, film, or electronic storage devices), and the exclusive right to use, display, publicly perform, modify, reproduce, publish, distribute, make derivative works of, sublicense, and otherwise exploit all such materials on commercial websites, without compensation of any kind to you or any third party.
- By participating in this contest, you certify that you have the right and authority to grant to Maple Hill Creamery the license set forth herein with regard to your submitted content. You further warrant that your submission does not violate the rights of another party in any manner, including but not limited to intellectual property: Patent, Trademark, Copyright, Trade Secret, Trade Dress or any other such rights.
- Use of your submitted material is at Maple Hill Creamery’s sole discretion. MHC is not under obligation to use any content submitted to it via any service.
- If your material is selected for use, Maple Hill Creamery may request information from you to post with your material, which you may decline to provide. Such information may include: Name, home state, likeness, photo and biographical information. Only what personal information you select to be published will be published.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- Under no circumstances shall Maple Hill Creamery LLC, its officers, members, affiliates, employees, or agents be liable for any type of damages, including but not limited to: consequential, direct, indirect, special, or incidental damages arising from loss of use, loss of data, or loss of profits, in an action in contract or in tort, including but not limited to an action in negligence or otherwise connected with or arising out of use or inability to use these websites, participate in this contest, or otherwise utilize content proprietary to Maple Hill Creamery, LLC.
- You may live in a jurisdiction where such limitations of liability are not permitted. In that instance, some or all of the above may not so apply.
- You agree to indemnify, hold harmless, and defend Maple Hill Creamery, LLC, its affiliates, agents, directors, and licensors from and against any and all damages, claims, expenses and costs, including but not limited to attorney’s fees, related to or arising from your use of Maple Hill Creamery’s websites and or participation in this contest, including but not limited to any third party claim of infringement upon interest arising from any submitted material.
POSTING AND REMOVAL
- Maple Hill Creamery, LLC reserves sole discretion to manage its website and social media platforms. To that end, Maple Hill Creamery LLC reserves the right to post any content in the manner it sees fit, as well as to remove, delete, or take down any content or submitted material at any time for whatever purpose.
OTHER LEGAL PROVISIONS
- Venue: These terms of service shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of New York, without regard to its choice of law principles to the contrary. You agree any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to these terms of service shall be filed only in the state and federal courts sitting in the city and county of New York, and you hereby irrevocably and unconditionally consent and submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts over any suit, action, or proceeding arising out of this Notice or participation in this contest.
- Termination: Maple Hill Creamery LLC reserves the right to terminate this contest and remove all content pertaining thereto without notice to the public or participants.
- Severability: Should any of the foregoing terms be invalidated by a court of competent jurisdiction, then that term shall be deemed severable from the remaining terms and shall not affect the validity of any other terms or conditions.
Any attempt to deliberately damage, tamper with, or undermine the legitimate operation of this contest is a violation of the law. Any individual attempting to do the same will be disqualified. Maple Hill Creamery reserves the right to seek damages including attorney’s fees and other civil remedies against such individual as may be available at bar to the fullest extent legally permitted.