Recipe Cattle Call Contest
Recipe Cattle Call Contest
This contest is sponsored by Maple Hill Creamery (hereinafter MHC), with headquarters at 5 Hudson Street, Kinderhook, NY 12106.
By submitting an entry, you (participant) agree to the conditions in this document and agree to be bound by the Official Rules. There is no purchase necessary to participate.
WHO CAN SUBMIT A RECIPE?
- Anyone who is 18 years of age or older at the time of submission and is a legal resident of the United States, residing in one of the 50 states or Washington DC.
- Employees, officers, directors, agents, representatives of MHC, members or their immediate families (parent, children, siblings, spouse, regardless of where they live) or persons living in the same household as the employees, officers, or directors, are not eligible to enter this competition.
- Professional Chefs are not eligible to enter this contest.
HOW DO I PARTICIPATE?
- Create an original recipe that uses Maple Hill Creamery dairy products.
- This contest is open to all recipes: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Desserts, Beverages, and Snacks all qualify.
- Take a photo of your completed dish.
- Post the photo to Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter using the hashtag “#RecipeCattleCall” and tag Maple Hill Creamery in your photo OR submit via Maple Hill Creamery’s WooBox page: http://woobox.com/rie3ky and provide a recipe name and caption of your choice.
- There is no limit to how many recipes you may post per entry period. We take all entries on a “rolling basis”, so that each recipe is considered every period, unless it has already been a winning recipe. Each recipe will be eligible to win for one year from the date of entry, unless it is selected as a winner before that time, in which case it will not be eligible to win again. Individuals can enter as many recipes as they like.
- Three (3) participants per quarter will be selected to advance to the second round. If your entry is selected, you will be contacted via the social media service you used to submit the entry photo or via the information provided to the woobox service and asked to provide the recipe.
- If you are a winner, you will be notified via the social media service you used to enter or via email. To receive physical prizes that may be awarded, you would need to provide a mailing address.
WHAT IS THE TIMEFRAME OF THIS CONTEST?
- This is a quarterly contest, with the start date of each quarter’s contest being March 1, June 1, September 1 and December 1.
- Three finalists are announced on February 1, May 1, August 1 and November 1 and the final winner notified by the 15th of these months. If the 15th of a given month falls on a weekend or a US Federal Holiday, the winner may be announced on the next business day.
- This contest shall continue until MHC terminates it. No notice shall be required before termination.
HOW IS MY ENTRY JUDGED?
- A panel of Judges will view each first round photo submission and evaluate as follows, awarding points for:
- Creativity of Concept and Originality (50%)
- Visual Appeal and Naming (50%)
- Three entries will advance from the first round, based on highest points scored. Those who advance will be asked to submit recipes to the judging panel. Those will be evaluated based upon:
- Creativity of Use of Ingredients and inclusion of MHC Dairy (50%)
- Taste of dish prepared (based on instruction submitted) (50%). We will prepare each recipe as written and taste.
WHAT CAN I WIN?
- The winning recipe will be photographed by our professional food photographer to be featured on Maple Hill Creamery’s website, social media, blog, and newsletter, with the option of a profile of the winner.
- The winner will also be mailed a congratulations package of Maple Hill Creamery 100% grass-fed products, valued from $20 – $80 USD, depending on what product the winner chooses.
SUBMISSIONS AND USE
- By submitting a posted recipe, photograph, image, video, or other content or material to Maple Hill Creamery via email or social media or otherwise, you hereby grant to MHC an irrevocable, nonexclusive, perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free right and license to use, display, publicly perform, modify, reproduce, publish, distribute, make derivative works of, sublicense, and otherwise commercially and non-commercially exploit your submitted Items and all copyright, trade secret, trademark, or other intellectual property rights therein, in any manner or medium now existing or hereafter developed (including but not limited to print, film, or electronic storage devices), and the exclusive right to use, display, publicly perform, modify, reproduce, publish, distribute, make derivative works of, sublicense, and otherwise exploit all such materials on commercial websites, without compensation of any kind to you or any third party.
- By participating in this contest, you certify that you have the right and authority to grant to Maple Hill Creamery the license set forth herein with regard to your submitted content. You further warrant that your submission does not violate the rights of another party in any manner, including but not limited to intellectual property: Patent, Trademark, Copyright, Trade Secret, Trade Dress or any other such rights.
- Use of your submitted material is at Maple Hill Creamery’s sole discretion. MHC is not under obligation to use any content submitted to it via any service.
- If your material is selected for use, Maple Hill Creamery may request information from you to post with your material, which you may decline to provide. Such information may include: Name, home state, likeness, photo and biographical information. Only what personal information you select to be published will be published.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- Under no circumstances shall Maple Hill Creamery LLC, its officers, members, affiliates, employees, or agents be liable for any type of damages, including but not limited to: consequential, direct, indirect, special, or incidental damages arising from loss of use, loss of data, or loss of profits, in an action in contract or in tort, including but not limited to an action in negligence or otherwise connected with or arising out of use or inability to use these websites, participate in this contest, or otherwise utilize content proprietary to Maple Hill Creamery, LLC.
- You may live in a jurisdiction where such limitations of liability are not permitted. In that instance, some or all of the above may not so apply.
- You agree to indemnify, hold harmless, and defend Maple Hill Creamery, LLC, its affiliates, agents, directors, and licensors from and against any and all damages, claims, expenses and costs, including but not limited to attorney’s fees, related to or arising from your use of Maple Hill Creamery’s websites and or participation in this contest, including but not limited to any third party claim of infringement upon interest arising from any submitted material.
POSTING AND REMOVAL
- Maple Hill Creamery, LLC reserves sole discretion to manage its website and social media platforms. To that end, Maple Hill Creamery LLC reserves the right to post any content in the manner it sees fit, as well as to remove, delete, or take down any content or submitted material at any time for whatever purpose.
OTHER LEGAL PROVISIONS
- Venue: These terms of service shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of New York, without regard to its choice of law principles to the contrary. You agree any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to these terms of service shall be filed only in the state and federal courts sitting in the city and county of New York, and you hereby irrevocably and unconditionally consent and submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts over any suit, action, or proceeding arising out of this Notice or participation in this contest.
- Termination: Maple Hill Creamery LLC reserves the right to terminate this contest and remove all content pertaining thereto without notice to the public or participants.
- Severability: Should any of the foregoing terms be invalidated by a court of competent jurisdiction, then that term shall be deemed severable from the remaining terms and shall not affect the validity of any other terms or conditions.
Any attempt to deliberately damage, tamper with, or undermine the legitimate operation of this contest is a violation of the law. Any individual attempting to do the same will be disqualified. Maple Hill Creamery reserves the right to seek damages including attorney’s fees and other civil remedies against such individual as may be available at bar to the fullest extent legally permitted.
Official Contest Rules
#Runongrass Spartan Race / Maple Hill Creamery
Void outside the Continental United States and where prohibited. Do not enter if you are not at least 18 years of age and a legal resident of, and located in, the continental United States at the time of entry (each person entering the contest a “Contestant”). By participating, you agree to be bound by these Official Contest Rules and the decisions of the Sponsors (as defined below), which are binding and final on matters relating to this contest (“Contest”).
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- The Contest period begins at 12:01 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) on June 7, 2017 and ends at 11:59 p.m. EST on June 12, 2017 (the “Contest Period”).
- Spartan Race, Inc. / Maple Hill Creamery, LLC
How to Enter
- During the Contest Period, Contestants can enter to win by posting a picture of themselves to either Facebook or Instagram, holding a Maple Hill Creamery product at a Spartan race event, tagging @MHC, @Spartan on Facebook or @SpartanRace and @MapleHillCreamery on Instagram and using the hashtag: #RunOnGrass.
There is no cost to register or enter. Contest Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means or practices, or by any means which subvert the entry process will be void. Only Instagram and Facebook users with public accounts may be eligible. Any individual found to use multiple Social Media accounts on the same platform to enter the Contest will be deemed ineligible. Multiple entries in a single day from the same Social Media account will not be accepted.
- The Contest is open to legal residents of the Continental United States who are 18 years of age or older at the time of Contest Entry. Employees of Spartan Race Inc. and Maple Hill Creamery and any other organizations affiliated with the Sponsorship, fulfillment, administration, prize support, advertisement or promotion of the Contest and each of their respective parents, agents, affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies, and their immediate family members (regardless of where they reside) or household members, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win. “Immediate family members” shall mean spouses, parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, and each of their respective spouses. “Household members” shall mean people who share the same residence at least three months a year. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
Contest Winner Selections
- At the end of the Contest Period, Sponsors will select winners at random. Odds of winning may vary and depend on the number of eligible Contest Entries received. Contest winner selections are final and are subject to eligibility verification by Sponsors.
Contest Winner Notifications
- Contest winners will be notified via the Social Media channel on which they submitted their Contest Entry. If such Contest winners do not respond to such notice within forty-eight (48) hours with their full name and email address, that winner’s prize may be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s discretion, an alternate winner may be selected.
- First Prize: One (1) winner will receive a free registration to a Spartan race event and a shipment of Maple Hill Creamery products.
- Runners Up: Five (5) other winners will receive a free shipment of Maple Hill Creamery products.
Terms and Conditions
- Any difference between ARV value for each prize and actual value will not be awarded. Any Contest Entries containing or featuring lewd or inappropriate content or behavior, including profanity or sexually suggestive language, nudity, or any content which would otherwise violate Instagram’s Community Guidelines will be disqualified. All Contest winners must be redeem their prize within 30 days of notification of winning or it will be forfeited and Sponsors will have no further obligation to that Contest winner. Contest winners are responsible for all federal, state and local taxes and any other costs and expenses not explicitly listed herein as provided by Sponsors as being provided. Sponsors reserve the right to substitute any of the prizes listed herein with one of comparable or greater value. Contest winners’ prizes may not be assigned, transferred, changed or redeemed for cash, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsors. The awarding of any prize is contingent upon full compliance with these Official Contest Rules.
- By entering the Contest, each Contestant grants to Sponsors and its licensees an exclusive, royalty-free and irrevocable right and license to publish, print, edit or otherwise use the Contestant’s submitted Contest Entry, in whole or in part, for any purpose and in any manner or media now known or hereinafter developed (including, without limitation, the Internet) throughout the world in perpetuity, and to license others to do so, all without limitation or further compensation. Contest winners may be required to sign any additional license and release that Sponsors may require to provide Contest winners’ their corresponding prize and for Sponsors to use Contest-winners’ names, biographical information, addresses, picture/photograph likenesses, video footage and/or voice, for advertising and promotional purposes without further consideration to the Contest winners in connection with Contest winners use and acceptance of prizes.
- Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of participating in this Contest, Contestant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or the prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by final and binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association and held at the AAA regional office nearest the Contestant; (2) the Federal Arbitration Act shall govern the interpretation, enforcement and all proceedings at such arbitration; and (3) judgment upon such arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. Under no circumstances will Contestant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Contestant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys’ fees, other than Contestant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with participating in this Contest), and Contestant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- By participating in this Contest, Contestant agrees to release Sponsors, its licensees, Venue owner, and any other organizations affiliated with the Sponsorship, fulfillment, administration, prize support, advertisement or promotion of the Contest and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and agents, advertising and promotion agencies and prize suppliers, and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees, as well as each of their respective successors, representatives and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all actions, claims, injury, loss, damage or death arising in any manner, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in this Contest and/or acceptance, use or misuse of any prize.
- Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, inaccurate, stolen, misdirected, undelivered or garbled Contest Entries, referrals or registrations; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the processing of Contest Entries, the announcement of the prize, the cancellation or postponement of any event, or in any Contest-related materials. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to Contestants’ or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading materials from or use of the website. Sponsors reserves the right, in its sole discretion to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process, the operation of the website or otherwise in violation of these Official Contest Rules. Sponsors further reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate or modify this Contest if the Contest is compromised by computer virus, technical corruption, non-authorized human intervention, or any other causes which, in the sole discretion of the Sponsors, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, proper play or integrity of the Contest. In the event of a dispute regarding online entry, Contest Entry will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail account associated with the Contest Entry and he/she must comply with these Official Contest Rules. The authorized account subscriber is the natural person who is assigned the e-mail address by the Internet Service Provider (ISP), on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses.
- ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSORS WILL DISQUALIFY ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL AND RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Except where prohibited by law, Contest Entry constitutes permission to use Contestant’s name, hometown (city and state), voice, biographical information, likeness, photograph and any statements regarding this Contest in all media now known or hereafter discovered, for any purpose, including without limitation, in connection with, and to promote, market or advertise, the Contest, in whole or in part, without review, approval, credit or attribution, notification or payment from or to Contestant or any person or entity, worldwide, in perpetuity, and/or on a winner’s list, if applicable. Contest is subject to all applicable U.S. federal, state and local laws and regulations. Contest winners will be issued an IRS 1099 tax form in the amount of the ARV of the prize.
Contest Winners' Names
- For the names of the Contest winners, available after May 9, 2017, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Spartan/ Maple Hill Creamery Contest Winners List, Spartan Race, Inc., 234 Congress Street, 5th Floor, Boston, MA 02110 or Spartan/ Maple Hill Creamery Contest Winners List, Maple Hill Creamery, LLC, 5 Hudson Street, Kinderhook, NY 12106.