Zesty Potato Salad
Our south-of-border-inspired potato salad features an incredibly flavorful dressing made from our tart Plain Cream On Top Yogurt, fresh lime juice, and toasted cumin seeds. Serve over a bed of greens for a light meal, or as a side with grilled fish or chicken.
2 lbs. small red potatoes, halved
1 large Poblano pepper
2 pieces bacon, chopped, cooked, and drained
5 medium radishes, sliced
3 scallions, sliced
2/3 cup Plain Cream on Top Yogurt
2 tsp. cumin seed
2 tsp. lime juice
1/2 tsp. salt
1 avocado, cubed
- Place potatoes in a medium sauce pan with a large pinch of salt. Cover with water, bring to a boil, and cook until potatoes are tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- Roast the Poblano pepper by blackening on a gas burner or in oven on broil setting, for about 5 minutes on each side or until charred. When roasted, remove and discard blackened skin and seeds, and chop. Set aside.
- In a small skillet, dry toast the cumin seeds over low heat, until fragrant and just beginning to turn brown. Remove from heat to cool.
- Make dressing by stirring together yogurt and lime juice. Crush toasted cumin seeds in a mortar and pestle, and add to dressing with salt.
- Drain potatoes and place in large bowl. While potatoes are still hot, pour over the dressing, tossing to coat.
- Add radishes, scallions, poblano, and bacon crumbles, stirring to combine. Add avocado cubes last, stirring gently so they don’t get crushed.
- Serve warm immediately, or refrigerate for 3 hours until well chilled.